15th Annual Columbia Pike Blues Festival, a free, family friendly (we hear they’re working on some cool activities for kids), celebration of music, food and the diverse South Arlington community sponsored by the Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization (CPRO) and ABC 7 & News Channel 8. On Saturday, June 19 from 1 to 8 p.m., join more than 12,000 of your neighbors at the block party on S. Walter Reed Drive near the intersection with Columbia Pike in the heart of South Arlington.
Kick off the summer season by jamming to the blues performed by talented national & local musicians:
- Highly acclaimed Blues Guitarrist: Debbie Davies.
- Incredibly young and talented, Jazz and Blues Pianist: Matt Wigler.
- Powerful blend of Mississippi Delta and Chicago Blues: Danny Blew.
- Award winning DC-band: Bad Influence.
- and, of course the awesome Moondog Medicine Show.
While enjoying the free outdoor concert and supporting the diversity of Columbia Pike and its businesses, shop and eat with nearly 30 local food and craft vendors, including Big Daddy’s BBQ and Rincome Thai.
Kids of all ages are welcome to pick up a guitar at the Music Experience Tent where volunteers from Guitars Not Guns will hold mini-lessons, and some lucky child will win a guitar!