January is National Mentoring Month. Use this as the reason you might take that next step and learn more on how to “Be the Change” and “Be a Mentor” to a young person.
Ten Things You can do to “Be the Change”
- 1. Become a mentor in your community.
- 2. Learn more about mentoring.
- 3. Partner with a mentoring organization.
- 4. Tell 5 friends about National Mentoring Month.
- 5. Think about the mentors in your life and post a tribute to them online.
- 6. Watch videos of celebrities such as Quincy Jones, Sting, Cal Ripken, Jr., talk about the mentors in their lives.
- 7. Read the latest research and find resources on mentoring.
- 8. Go to YouTube on Thank Your Mentor Day™ (January 22nd) and make the National Mentoring Month videos the most popular of the day!
- 9. Serve your community on MLK Day of Service by deciding to become a mentor.
- 10. Make a donation to a mentoring organization in your community.